- To discover a spirit of adventure and discovery whilst undertaking a journey in a group.
The Adventurous Journey is all about getting out there and going on an expedition or exploration in a challenging environment, with a clear purpose. More than any other Section of The Award, the Adventurous Journey is about team work and social connection.
It is about
- Team work
- Making social connections
- Physical effort
- Problem Solving
- Taking away a unique experience!
Types of Adventurous Journeys
- Expedition – a journey with a purpose! The focus is the mode of travel.
- Exploration – a purpose with a journey! The focus is to observe and collect information relevant to the purpose.
- Other Adventurous Journey – tends to require more innovation, creativity and challenge. Examples includes Cycling, Abseiling, Horse riding, etc