Deliver the Award
The Award can be used in schools, prisons, by Scout and Guide groups, in business or in youth clubs, as well as by governments. It offers organizations a way of gaining international accreditation for development activities with young people.
The Head of State Award Scheme is a licensee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is delivered globally; any organization that works directly with young people can deliver the Award. Read about our guiding principle.
If you would like to deliver the Award, contact us.
Organizational benefits of delivering the Award
Delivering the Award brings your organization many benefits, not least the opportunity to help develop young people and support them on their journey to a better future. By delivering the Award your organization will:
- Help to develop the lives of young people and their communities;
- Become part of an international network of Award Operators, Leaders and like-minded individuals and organizations;
- Provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for your staff;
- Complement existing extra-curricular activities and receive recognition for them;
- Give young people the opportunity to participate in the world’s leading youth achievement award.
“The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the only truly global mark of recognition that I know about in the field of extracurricular activity. As an employer, I want to see that people coming to work for us have more to offer than their academic qualifications. The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is a great example of a differentiator I would look for when judging the suitability of a young person to join our company.”